Welcome to Stocktake Saturday! This feature is where I share some news with you and then show you all the bookish goodies I got over the week.
New covers! (links to Goodreads)
- Touch of Power (Healer #1) by Maria V. Snyder (AU cover)
- Scent of Magic (Healer #2) by Maria V. Snyder (UK cover)
- Apollyon (Covenant #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #1) by Jessica Spotswood – paperback cover
Leigh Bardugo, author of Shadow and Bone, has released the synopsis for Siege and Storm (the sequel) along with a new release date for the book: 4th June 2013. You can read the original post here.
Darkness never dies.
Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land, while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. But she can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long.
The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling’s game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her—or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.
Jennifer L. Armentrout has revealed the title of the 4th Lux book: Origin. In the same post she has announced that she will be writing an adult romance set in the Lux world, focussed on two new characters, Hunter and Serena. The new book will be called Obsession, and is set to be published in March 2013 by Entangled.
Melissa Marr now has a series name: Carnival of Souls is the first book in the Untamed City series. She also announced that there will be a short story set in this world, to be released online and within the paperback edition of CoS.
This week I am Waiting on … Boundless by Cynthia Hand.
I got a few books for review this week: (links to Goodreads pages)
- Reached (Matched #3) by Ally Condie
- Forsaken (Fallen 4) by Thomas E.
- Red Country by Joe Abercrombie
- The Iron King (The Accursed Kings #1) by Maurice Droun
- After Moonrise by P. C. Cast and Gena Showalter
- Shine Light (Night Creatures #3) by Marianne de Pierres
I ended last week 6 books ahead in my Read Three, Buy One, and thus unlocked two book purchases! And here they are (I’m very excited about the anthology!):
This week I reviewed the following books:
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- Fighting to Survive by Rhiannon Frater
- Crewel by Gennifer Albin
- Sweethearts by Sara Zarr – didn’t review this one, but it was bittersweet and short – a nice contemporary read 🙂 Recommended to me by Mandee from veganYAnerds
- Covet by Melissa Darnell
- The Forever Girl by Rebecca Hamilton
So that leaves me five books ahead and with one book purchase ‘unlocked’. I’m not counting Sweethearts for multiple reasons, including I didn’t review it, I borrowed it from the library, and only had it in my possession for 24 hours so I can’t claim it lessened my TBR pile.
I hope you have some goodies to share as well, leave your links below and I’ll be sure to visit 🙂